Is it possible to preserve muscle mass when your main goal is to lose fat through Keto diet?
Many would say No, but I beg to differ!
Here’s the deal:
You can be on a Ketogenic diet and build muscle ONLY if your nutrition is on point and you take ONLY the right choices when it comes to protein supplements.
And it’s crucial that you take the right kind of supplement, or it can contribute to the worst possible outcome.
I can’t emphasize this enough:
According to Cancer.org, in 2012 alone there were 2844 cases of adverse incidents caused by dietary supplements.
I’ve seen so many people (including myself) suffer from taking the wrong keto protein powder and “low-carb” shakes that I felt compelled to write this thorough guide. Take THIS SUPPLEMENT for instance (DO NOT BUY).
Horrible texture, not a great taste plus NO noticeable results in my workouts.
Here, I’ll talk about a few of my personal best ketogenic protein powders and low-carb shakes to see if they can work for you as well.
TOP 3 Products
It is one of the best ketogenic protein type supplements which is low in net carbs.
#1 Perfect Keto
This health supplement has a smooth texture and tastes great with anything. (Use 15% OFF Limited Time discount Code WELLWIRES15)
✔ No Sugar
#2 Isopure Zero Carb
(Needs for Fitness Enthusiasts for a Significantly Long Period)
It is a high protein supplement that provides you with the right nutritive values for muscle growth and development.
✔ Low Caffeine
#3 Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100%
(Perfect Choice as Ketprotein Low-Carb Shakes for Weight Loss)
It contains approximately 5 grams of naturally occurring BCAAs for muscle growth.
✔ Low Carb
✔ Great Price
Here Are The 5 Best Keto Protein Powders Low-Carb
Let’s take a look at my choices below to discover what low carb protein powder is the best and why it is so.
1. Perfect Keto
The Perfect Keto Powder not only gives you a healthy dose of valuable protein but is also perfect in its balance of nutrients and flavors that combine to give you outstanding results.
It is one of the best ketogenic protein type supplements which is low in net carbs and amply furnished in other essential elements.
Standout Features of Perfect Keto Collagen Protein Powder
- It is made of a commercially available exogenous ketone supplement, that is manufactured from naturally derived ketone salts.
- The formula is enriched with vital nutrients such as Beta-Hydroxybutyrate or BHB, MCT oil, L-Citrulline, Calcium, and Magnesium, and hydrolyzed collagen peptides.
- It also contains no sugar, no artificial flavors, and no artificial ingredients.
- It’s available in four delicious flavors: Chocolate Sea-salt, Coffee, Peaches and Cream, and Vanilla.
Benefits of this keto-friendly protein powder:
The point of difference between exogenous ketones and endogenous ones are that endogenous ketones are naturally produced in the body whereas exogenous ketones need to be supplemented.
These ketones contribute immensely to boosting energy levels in the body.
These are known to increase mental focus and manage cholesterol and blood pressure levels by cutting down unwanted fat.
The BHB salts in the powder, on consumption, release ketones into your bloodstream which improves insulin sensitivity.
These efficiently manage blood sugar levels that curb overeating or frequently eating tendencies.
Also, the hydrolyzed collagen peptides provide vital keto collagen protein to your system that is responsible for the growth and development of your skin, hair, nails, tendons, joints and several other vital organs.
L-Citrulline is a non-essential amino acid that gets converted into L-arginine and nitric oxide by your kidneys.
These resultant compounds are beneficial for your cardiovascular and circulatory systems.
These also contribute to the improvement of your overall immune system.
Additionally, it also contains magnesium and calcium that helps in strengthening bones and improving digestion processes.
The MCT oil contained in the formula goes straight to the liver where they break down like carbohydrates instead of regular fats that interferes with the digestion process.
For this reason, MCTs provide an instant and well-sustained level of energy.
This health supplement has a very smooth texture and tastes great with anything.
It mixes and evenly distributes with any milk or smoothie you take it with.
- It is a lactose-free and gluten-free formula.
- It doesn’t contain preservatives.
- It doesn’t contain added sugar.
- Contains no artificial coloring and flavoring
- Efficiently increases blood ketones levels
- Best tasting protein that doesn’t contain preservatives.
- Small packaging and lesser flavors than other brands.
15% OFF Use WELLWIRES15 code (expiring soon)
2. Nature’s Best Isopure Zero Carb
This protein powder from Isopure Zero Carb is one of the most trusted protein supplements companies (Nature’s Best)
It has been catering to the needs of numerous fitness enthusiasts for a significantly long period.
- Isopure Zero Carb Protein Powder provides a high protein content with comparatively fewer carbs than most other brands, which is ideally suited to a ketogenic lifestyle
- A single serving (approx 62g of powder) of Isopure Zero Carb Protein Powder has a protein content of 50g with 110 g of calorie. This is a very high amount of protein that contributes to muscle mass development.
- It also contains Isopure whey that contains 26g of pure whey isolate.
- Additionally, it also contains black and green tea extracts.
Isopure Low Carb Protein Powder is a high protein supplement that provides you with the right nutritive values for muscle growth and development.
As has been already pointed out, it has a very low carbohydrate and calorie content, so you run no risk of adding on unhealthy fat bulk with your keto protein diet.
Also, the product contains low carb whey protein isolate which is one of the purest forms of protein that can be formulated with a health supplement.
Additionally, it contains the beneficial antioxidant-rich extracts of black and green tea.
The plausible cons with this protein supplement are that it is a dairy product and has a high sodium content.
The brand offers a range of delectable flavors like Natural Chocolate, cookies, and Cream, Creamy Vanilla, Colombian Coffee, and Strawberry Cream among others.
- High protein content
- Very low in carbs and fats.
- Reasonably priced
- Contains black and green tea extracts
- Very low caffeine content
- Gluten free
- Contains a high sodium content.
- Has soya lecithin
- Not a vegan protein
3. Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100%
Optimum Nutrition is a very popular and respected brand of protein supplements.
And, the Gold Standard 100% Whey of this brand is an absolute success amongst fitness freaks.
- With pure Whey Protein Isolate (WPI) as its one core ingredient, this health supplement gives you a total amount of 24 grams of protein in a single serving.
- Additionally, it also provides 4 grams of Glutamine and Glutamic acid in each serving.
- You also get 5 grams of Naturally Occurring Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs) such as Leucine, Isoleucine, and Valine.
- It contains Whey Protein Microfractions from Whey Isolate protein and Ultra-Filtered Whey Protein Concentrate.
- It’s rated as having one of the best textures and flavors along with being very efficient by users.
Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Powder provides a pure protein supplement enriched with essential nutrients that give you a balanced and wholesome protein diet.
It contains approximately 5 grams of naturally occurring BCAAs that are responsible for stimulating protein synthesis for muscle growth.
Whey Protein Isolates the body quickly absorbs concentrates and contributes to muscle mass development when paired up with resistance or weight workout regimes.
It also facilitates a stronger insulin response in the body.
This burns down excessive sugar and calorie leading to fat reduction and muscle build-up.
Additionally, the “premium ultra-filtered” whey concentrates that this brand offers contribute to increasing the levels of glutathione, which is one of the primary antioxidants in the body.
Users have also said that the whey is easier to digest and prevent gas-related stomach issues.
That usually happens in the case of supplements that have lesser protein content and are generally high in lactose.
The body more quickly absorbs the whey peptides that are contained with the formula than regular intact protein forms.
This makes it an ideal food, especially for pre and post-workout sessions.
This is one of the best ketprotein low-carb shakes for weight loss (keto protein shake).
- Contains standard quality whey protein isolates, concentrates, and peptides.
- It contains digestive enzymes and BCAAs.
- It offers a great variety of flavors.
- Reasonably priced
- Mixes well and provides a nice texture.
- Contains artificial sweeteners
- Contains soy lecithin.
4. IdealLean Protein (Best for Women)
The IdealLean Protein powder is a protein health supplement that has been created especially for women.
It achieves a perfect blend of protein and other nutrients that work towards reducing fat and increasing muscle mass for toning the female body into the ideal shape.
- It contains 100% whey isolate that offers a concrete protein source.
- It consists of naturally occurring Branched Chain Amino Acids, i.e., BCAAs like L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, and L-Valine.
- It also contains an active blend of L-Glutamine and essential fruits like acai, blueberry, and mangosteen that is enormously beneficial for the immune system.
- This consists of vital nutrients like folic acid, vitamin D, calcium, and magnesium that is much needed by the female body, especially for pre and post-workout and training regimes.
- Available in flavors like Chocolate Brownie and French Vanilla.
IdealLean Protein powder is one of the best for women’s workouts sessions and fitness regimen.
It provides a total of 20 grams of proteins with 80 calorific units without any carbs, fats or sugar.
Whey protein isolates provide a solid protein dose to each serving that is quantitatively accurate as per the requirements for women’s health.
It contains basic BCAAs that help in the slimming and toning process.
It also helps in the breakdown of complex enzymes producing energy for the body.
Fruit nutrients like acai, blueberry, and mangosteen, paired with Glutamine improves the immune system, keeping sickness at bay.
Vitamins and Minerals such as Vitamin D, calcium, magnesium, and folic acid contribute to the improvement of vital organs and their functions.
These also capacitate the female body for a strict workout regimen.
This is a great protein supplement for a ketogenic lifestyle as well.
- Ideal for women
- Offers a great blend of whey protein isolates and essential nutrients and minerals.
- Really low in fats and carbs.
- Contain no sugar
- It might taste bland and not that good for some.
- Contains artificial sweeteners.
5. Onnit Grass-Fed Whey Protein Isolate
Onnit has been one of the biggest brands specializing in both physical fitness equipment and health supplements for training and kitchen requirements alike.
The most attractive selling point of the brand is their usage of entirely natural ingredients in their food supplements, which is also the case with their Grass-Fed Whey Protein Isolate.
- It offers a probiotic bacteria, Lactobacillus acidophilus, often found in yogurt, as one of the essential constituents in their whey protein.
- It contains ingredients packed with nutritive values such as cocoa, dried cream extract, medium-chain triglyceride oil (MCT), organic rice hull concentrate, cinnamon, sunflower oil and maltodextrin (or tapioca).
- The formula also consists of a combination of seven digestive enzymes: amylase, protease, lipase, cellulase, lactase, papain, and bromelain.
- It contains no added sugar, that is replaced with stevia leaves, monk fruit, and salt for flavoring.
- This protein supplement is high in Leucine content, which is one of the known branched-chain amino acids.
The Onnit Whey Protein Isolate offers pure whey protein isolate that significantly contributes to the growth and development of muscle mass when coupled with rigorous training regimes.
It rapidly burns down fat, getting rid of all that unwanted weight, and helps to manage cholesterol and blood pressure levels.
It delivers approximately 20 grams of protein with 5 grams of carbs (no sugar), 2 grams of fiber, and 2 grams of fat (saturated 0.5 grams) in every single scoop.
The only downside can be that it might be a bit higher in carbs and fats content compared to other whey isolates.
The introduction of the probiotic bacteria in the formula makes it stomach-friendly which helps to maintain the intestinal flora of good bacterias.
This paired with the unique blend of seven digestive enzymes helps to improve digestion considerably.
Being an easily absorbable and digestible protein, this amino acid accelerates the recovery process, restoring all the vital nutrients in your muscles.
This protein keto powder contains no added sugar. It consists of stevia leaves, salt and monk fruit that makes up for the taste.
Additionally, the presence of lactase in the formula makes it easily-digestible for lactose-intolerant people.
- Offers a pure form of whey protein isolate from grass-fed cows.
- Probiotic whey isolate
- Contains no sugar
- High Leucine content
- Non-GMO, soy and gluten-free
- This keto powder is a little high in sodium levels and low in calcium.
- The carb and fat contents can be a bit higher in comparison to other protein formulas.
6. BPI Sports ISO-HD Protein Powder (new addition for 2020)
I decided to add the BPI product to my list, due to its reputation on Reddit among Keto lovers. It contains only 3 grams of carbs and no lactose. Isolates are filtered to eliminate lactose, carbs and fat, which resulted in a product that is leaner, higher in protein, and provides faster digestion than standard whey.
Each batch is third-party-inspected to ensure quality in every single container. ISO HD protein powders may be especially beneficial due to the low-calorie and low-carb formula with no sugar.
- Quick absorption to help maintain & build lean muscle faster
- BPI portein powders ensure faster recovery duet to purity of it’s products
- Not everyone likes the taste
- Contains small amount of high fructose corn syrup
7. Ketologie Keto Shake (New Product)
I am providing the experience of a friend of mine with this product below:
I stumbled upon ketologie when I was reading up on different weight loss supplements. As I was looking through their website I found a lot of valuable information, as well as a forum with many weight-loss advocates that I could ask questions.
I found ketologie to be the perfect place to keep me up to date on the latest weight loss supplement information. The same day I started my new journey. I started off eating a ketogenic diet (high fat) once a day.
As time went on, and after researching more about the diet, I decided to make it more of a lifestyle change and to switch to one of the ketogenic diets which is basically a diet that allows you to eat whatever you want while still losing weight. I followed the diet for 3 months and lost around 16lbs.
After the 3 month period, I decided to give ketologie a shot and to start getting up to date with any new information that they released. From this point on, I have been getting daily emails with all sorts of tips and advice. I have noticed that I am feeling great and have more energy and the cravings have pretty much gone away.
At first, I thought I would be craving anything and everything, as I was eating primarily healthy food. Now, I just crave sweets. I am basically eating nothing but ketosis shots, which are keto shakes that taste amazing. The best thing is that I am able to eat whatever I want, while still losing weight. I am only 19, so I am hoping that my body can keep up with the keto for a long time.
I am not getting the normal energy boost from eating sugar and stuff. I have noticed that I feel more alert and my mood has improved. Ketologie has been by far the best choice that I have made in regards to diets.
Some other products I decided not to include: Elevate Nutrition Plant-Based Vegan Performance (plant-based protein), Kiss My Keto Protein, Julian bakery paleo protein powder (double chocolate), Ora Organic Chocolate Protein Powder (made with sprouted rice), Ancient Nutrition KetoCOLLAGEN Powder, naturade vegan smart plant-based
On The Other Hand No So Low Carb Protein Powders …
BioTrust is a brand that manufactures its protein powder using micellar casein, whey isolate, and milk protein concentrate.
It is satiating and consists of many digestive enzymes.
But, the problem with this product is that it’s not that low in carb content, contains soy-lecithin and is very expensive for the quantity of product that comes in the jar.
The Paleo Thin (Double Chocolate) is a favorite protein mix that contains Pastured Beef Protein.
It offers a convenient way of taking your daily protein supplement and is especially suited for an on-the-go lifestyle.
The only problem with this mix is that it doesn’t taste all that well even with the flavor is that of ‘double-chocolate’ and is difficult to mix in with smoothies and has an overwhelming stevia sweetness.
Is Pea Protein Good to Take On Keto?
Yes, pea protein is good to take on keto. The reason is that 25-gram per serving, however, contains 20 grams with zero sugar and only 1 gram of total carbohydrate. Many keto dieters love this protein isolate due to it being concentrated and low in carbohydrates at the same time. You get more protein per serving, without risking getting out of ketosis state.
How Much Protein Do You Need on a Keto Diet?
A Ketogenic or “Keto” diet is one that consists of high protein, medium to low carbs, and even lower calorific food items in balanced and specific proportions.
It is immensely helpful in regulating several physical functions by activating our metabolic activities.
And, it significantly works towards improving issues like blood pressure, blood sugar levels, cholesterol levels, curbing overeating tendencies, and elimination of unwanted fat.
The primary diet ingredient taken in a large amount on a keto diet is protein.
Proteinous food and supplements contribute to maintaining a firm and fit body structure with an immense quantity of energy for an active lifestyle.
But, the debate is all about how much to take these proteins into your body.
Because excessive protein intake can inversely lead to organ degeneration and even failure, if not supported by a balanced diet.
What’s the Solution?
If you want to improve your body composition along with shedding unnecessary weight, then you can opt for a low carb keto diet with an adequate amount of consumption.
This prevents excessive muscle loss while improving the necessary aspects of your physical composition.
And to get that perfect bikini or swimwear body, you have first to lose fat but, at the same time, preserve your muscle mass.
Resorting to sufficiently proteinous diets coupled with a dedicated and good workout regimen will make you gain muscle mass even on a diet.
If you plan to lose weight, you should consume between 0.68 to 1 gram per pound (or 1.5 to 2.5 per kilograms) of your Lean Body Mass (LBM).
Your Lean Body Mass is your total body weight minus your fat weight.
It is actually, the total amount of your body weight that does not include any of the fat content of your body.
For example, if you weigh 150 pounds with 30% body fat, your LBM would be 150 minus 30% of 150 which equals 105 pounds.
Therefore, according to this calculation, your protein intake should be between 0.68*105 to 1*105 which equals 71.4 grams to 105 grams per day.
If you are a highly active person, I’ll advise you to aim for the upper limits of this range as muscle building and maintenance should be your top priority.
People with a sedentary lifestyle can choose to stay around 0.7 grams to 0.8 grams per pound LBM.
Top Keto Bomb Recipes
It is time for the best part of this guide. Because we have brought some really awesome Keto Bomb recipes for all of you keto lovers out there.
These recipes are not only packed with essential nutrients, but they are also unbelievably simple to prepare at your homes!
So let’s get right to it!
Bacon Fat Bombs
- 1 hard-boiled egg
- 4 tbsp of unsalted or clarified butter
- A quarter of an avocado
- 1 tbsp of mayo
- 1 seeded and diced serrano pepper
- 1 tbsp of chopped cilantro
- Kosher salt as required
- Cracked pepper as required
- Juice of a quarter lime
- 2 tbsp of bacon grease
- Six slices of cooked bacon
- Mix the hard-boiled egg, avocado, butter, mayo, serrano pepper, and cilantro together in a large bowl. Make it into a paste using a fork or potato masher. Season this mixture with salt and pepper and sprinkle some lime juice before stirring.
- Cook the bacon slices to a perfect crisp. Then add two tbsp of bacon grease into the mixture for the fat bomb and stir gently. Cover and refrigerate this mixture for half an hour.
- Crumble the bacon and place it into another bowl. With a spoon, measure out six equal quantities of the fat bomb mixture and shape them into balls. Coat these balls with the bacon crumbs and serve.
Peanut Butter Cups Fat Bomb
Ingredients For the Chocolate Shell
- 6 ounces of chopped, sugar-free chocolate
- Half an ounce of cocoa butter
Ingredients For the Peanut Butter Filling
- 2 tbsp of butter
- Half a cup of Peanut Butter
- ¼ cup of any powdered sweetener of your liking
- ½ tsp of vanilla extract
- Line a muffin mold pan with 12 silicone muffin liners.
- Place a heatproof bowl on top of another bowl containing slightly simmering water and mix in the chocolate and cocoa butter to a smooth consistency.
- Spread half of the chocolate mix on the bottom of the liner and halfway up their sides (to form cups), using the back of a spoon (or the filling and emptying method) and deep-freeze for 10 minutes.
- Heat the nut butter and butter in the microwave for 1 minute. Add the sweetener and vanilla extract and whisk it all together.
- Take the chocolate cups out of the freezer and fill them up with the peanut butter mix, leaving a little space at the very top. Refrigerate the cups again for another 10 minutes.
- Reheat the remaining chocolate mixture from before at a low-heat setting to bring it to its former consistency. Fill up the remaining space at the top of the peanut butter filling in the cup with this chocolate mixture. Freeze for one last time to set it. Enjoy!
Strawberry Cheesecake Fat Bombs
- ½ cup (120 ml=2.5 oz=70 grams) strawberries, fresh or frozen.
- ¾ cup (180 ml=5.3 oz=150 grams) cream cheese, softened.
- ¼ cup (60 ml=2 oz=60 grams) butter or coconut oil, softened
- 2 tbsp (0.7 oz=20 grams) powdered Erythritol or 10-15 drops of liquid stevia
- One vanilla bean or ½-1 tbsp vanilla extract.
- Place the cream cheese and butter (or coconut oil) and cut it into small pieces in a mixing bowl. Leave at room temperature for about 30-60 minutes until the butter is softened enough to mix in with the other things (water, almond milk, coffee, tea). Do not melt or microwave the butter as the mixture needs to stay firm.
- Wash the strawberries and remove the leaves and stems and other green parts. Next, mash them in a bowl with a fork or use a blender for achieving a smooth texture.
- Add the powdered erythritol (or stevia) and the vanilla extract to the strawberry mixture and mix well.
- Add this sweetened strawberry and vanilla blend to the softened cream cheese and butter mixture and use a food processor or a hand whisk to mix the entire thing thoroughly.
- Scoop the mixture into small silicone muffin molds or candy molds and set them in the freezer for 2 hours (or more if required). And enjoy!
- Always store the leftovers in the freezer.
The Best Place to Buy
These keto-friendly protein powders are readily available on their company’s official websites that helps you to make better choices without having to doubt their authenticity.
The supplements are also available on Amazon where you can have them delivered to your house in just a few days (I love Prime).
You can also buy most of these at Walmart or a well-stocked grocery or departmental store in your location.
But, no matter where you buy your supplements from, do not forget to check their brands and seals of authenticity.
Also, it is important to check for the manufacturing and expiration dates on all the products.
Always double-check the products that you will consume and clarify every doubt that you have with the manufacturer and dealer.
Is Whey Protein Powder Keto-Friendly?
As many people are trying to lose weight, this has prompted them to turn to protein supplements. It is said to help you keep your lean muscle mass even when you are dieting. However, certain types of supplements could pose a problem. Among these are whey supplements, especially the ones marketed as keto-friendly. This is because it requires dietary fats to be replaced with carbohydrates. This means the fact that the powders are made from must be replaced with other fats such as olive oil, nuts, or fatty fish. Whey contains a high proportion of lactose and is therefore very lactose intolerant. You might even suffer from an upset stomach after consuming it. However, there is plenty of healthy alternatives to whey powder such as plant-based powders such as pea or hemp protein that do not cause such reactions. However, most of the whey powder contains lactose, and so people with lactose intolerance can only consume it by taking natural lactase enzyme supplements.
Therefore, for those with intolerances, you might want to avoid whey supplements. Because of its low carb content, it can be consumed without creating any problems with your diet. It is loaded with amino acids which aid in fat loss. These amino acids are the building blocks of muscle tissue. The fat-burning properties are directly related to how many of these amino acids you get from a single serving of protein. It is high in branched-chain amino acids, leucine, isoleucine, and valine. These are essential amino acids that provide energy for the cells in the body. It contains glutamine, which is necessary for proper muscle recovery. This is why you find some of the best powders on the market which contain whey protein, creatine, glutamine, and vitamin B12.
Keto Protein Powder Recipes
Nothing beats a tasty breakfast when you’re on the keto diet. There are lots of healthy keto protein powders that are easy to make at home, but the flavors of each one vary widely. Here are some of the best keto protein powders, in no particular order. No keto person’s diet should be dictated only by protein. While eggs and animal proteins are clearly high in protein, there are several more proteins and whole foods that can be made with minimal nutritional impact. Take a look at some of our keto protein powder recipes below! Vegetables, Tomatoes, Tomato Ketchup, Spinach.
Will Whey Protein Kick Me Out of Ketosis?
There are two points to this question. First, eating to stabilize your blood glucose may result in rapid insulin release (more than you would expect). Some studies even suggest that doing this may lead to ketosis. This is a state in which blood glucose levels drop and your body begins burning fat instead of carbs for fuel. In fact, many people will enter this state after eating a high-carb meal. But, it’s not necessary. With a healthy diet, the sugar that your body breaks down will be the ones that are converted to ketone bodies. These are the body’s natural fuel sources.
Second, there is no one-size-fits-all rule. With meal frequency, you are more likely to have an insulin release if your meal has an adequate carbohydrate portion. A lower-carb portion will, in turn, cause an insulin release. Because you are seeking to decrease the insulin, carb consumption, don’t skimp on your protein. It can help to compensate for the carbohydrate imbalance. It does, however, take more protein to properly regulate blood glucose than many people realize. Protein’s main purpose is to stimulate insulin and stimulate the body to use carbohydrates for fuel. If you don’t increase your protein, you will probably be in ketosis long before you will reach the desired blood glucose and insulin levels. While many nutritionists still believe that protein will cause a loss of muscle mass, this is largely a myth. The body can be leaner without losing muscle mass.
Does Keto Protein Powder Help You Lose Weight?
This is a question I’ve been asked more than any other – what do I use in my daily nutrition routine to lose weight? It’s a simple question, but also one with a lot of complex answers. That’s because the answer to losing weight depends on what your goal is – and where you’re starting from. If you have an eating disorder, the best thing you can do to start losing weight is to completely change your diet and lifestyle, and learn how to be a healthier person. But if you’re looking to just shift some pounds around, you need to focus on eating less and moving more.
That’s the most direct path to dropping those pesky pounds. Another step you can take to lose weight is trying a low-carb diet, like ketogenic, or LCHF. That’s where you completely eliminate carbs and substitute healthy fats for the ones your body isn’t capable of breaking down.
Do Protein Shakes Break Ketosis?
Protein shakes are your next best option if you’re looking to maintain your body fat levels while maintaining a moderate amount of muscle. Research suggests that you can consume 300 grams of protein, along with 100 grams of carbs, during a meal, and that you will still maintain a steady amount of energy. It’s also important to note that protein shakes shouldn’t be your sole source of nutrition, and instead they are meant to be a source of protein and carbs to fuel your workout.
Why Do Protein Shakes Work for Keto Diets? Protein shakes are better suited for keto diets, as they are high in fat. A lot of protein shakes are naturally high in carbs, but this isn’t good for keto diets because carbs are being used for fuel during your workouts, and your body needs to limit its carbohydrate intake during the day to prevent fat storage.
What is the Best Keto Protein Powder to Buy?
So, this is the end of my review on the five best brands, and low-carb diet shakes for Keto (low-carb meal replacement shakes).
I understand that it can be challenging to find that perfect protein powder that gives you the required amount of protein but complements the ketogenic diet too.
I also understand the value of authenticity that should come with every health product.
While all the 5 products mentioned here are great in their own unique way, my absolute #1 choice would be the Perfect Keto Protein Powder. ( Click Here and use 15% OFF Limited Time discount Code WELLWIRES15)
The Perfect Keto product has all the ingredients such as BHB, and MCT, a protein supplement that needs to provide the best results to people in all stages of their ketogenic diet.
It is also gluten-free, contains no preservatives, and gives you a modest choice in flavors.
Go ahead and try it out! I’m sure it would work wonders for you as it did for me.